Sometimes simply deleting files isn’t good enough. In this how-to video segment, PC World explains a number of simple techniques for permanently and securely removing sensitive data from old drives before recycling or disposing of them.
- How To Securely Wipe A Hard Drive [Mac OS X] (makeuseof.com)
- Securely Erase Your Hard Drive Before Sale or Recycling (delightedrobot.com)
- How to Use File Recovery Software (answers.com)
- Go Ahead – Make My Day – Erase That Drive 35 Times (futurelawyer.typepad.com)
- How To Migrate Steam To a New Hard Drive (makeuseof.com)